1. Do you think you are treated differently because you are a man or woman?
**Absolutely. I am ignored, condescended to, patronized.
2. Do men or women have it easier in our culture? Why do you think so?
**Men. In most cultures, not just ours. Even medicines are tested on men, things are designed by and for men, men are paid more for the same work, women are often treated as second-class citizens. There are many ways the deck is stacked, but more women are standing up to make a difference, so there is hope.
3. Do you think girls are raised differently from boys? If so, in what ways?
**Again, absolutely. I think it is ingrained in us from the get-go, if not a genetic thing. I even have noticed the difference in how I treated my male cat from my female cat. Girls are treated as more delicate creatures, needing to be looked after, boys are ‘toughened up’ and encouraged to be macho manly men.
4. Do you think women should take men’s last names when they marry? Why or why not?
**I kind of like hypenated names, but who cares? Do what makes you happy.
5. Do you think a woman will be President of the United States in the near future?