>I stole this from jooles34, who stole it from huskyfriends.
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
Comcast. They just keep on screwing around with me.
2. Do you miss being a child?
Not in the least.
3. Chore you hate the most?
Anything involving housework and/or cooking.
4. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Romantic dinner? What is this ‘romantic dinner’ you ask about?
5. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?
I so would not have married that jerk.
6. Name of your first grade teacher?
Fourth grade Mrs. Alt. D.K.Smith was my fav high school teacher. That’s all I got, folks.
7. What do you really want to be doing right now?
I’d like to be outside, maybe putting my garden to bed for the winter, except I don’t have an outside or a garden anymore. I live in an apartment building surrounded by downtown.
8. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Jet pilot or cowboy. Seriously. I’m from Colorado. We have cowboys and the Air Force Academy. I live in Mass now, though.
9. How many colleges did you attend?
None at all.
10. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
“Purple and white stripped chosen for Spirit Day.” That’s Jooles34’s answer, but it’s mine as well. I’ve added a purple cardigan, since it’s chilly in here.
11. What are your thoughts on gas prices?
Don’t have a car, so don’t really worry about that.
12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Not yet, please. I don’t actually have to be up at any time in particular, but I have been trying my entire life to get on a ‘normal’ person’s sleep schedule. No luck so far. I sleep best between 4am and noon.
13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
Am I going to scare Gertrude off the bed if I pull up the covers some more. (Gertrude is a cat)
14. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
I honestly don’t know.
15. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?
No, but as a child, I was in three accidents in one day, and was knocked unconscious in the third one.
16. If you didn’t have to work, would you volunteer?
I don’t work, since I am ill, but when I did I worked in a group home and I would do that again in a shot, pay or not.
17. Get up early or sleep in?
Sleep in. I do not do mornings. Not even a little bit.
18. What is your favourite cartoon character?
Underdog. ‘There’s no need to fear. Underdog is here.’ I love that.
19. Favourite thing to do at night?
“Everything. Everything is just better done at night, talking, drinking, writing, reading, everything. Night is just better.” That’s also jooles34, but it suits me, too.
20. When did you first start feeling old?
I haven’t yet.
21. Favourite lunch meat?
I’m mostly vegetarian.
22. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
I do not go to Walmart. I HATE Walmart.
23. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
Possibly. Since people live a lot longer than they did when marriage came into being, and since there are many more support systems for women and children besides just a husband, marriage may be unnecessary. But people still want that commitment, to feel that they belong to someone and that someone belongs to them, so I’m all for letting people who want to get married, get married. Whoever they are.
24. Favourite movie?
American Dreamer comes to mind, but that could change any second. I have a lot of favorite movies. Oh, Benny and Joon. I love that movie.
25. What’s your favourite drink?
Water, wine, coffee.
26. Who from high school would you like to run in to?
D.K.Smith, I’d like to tell him what an effect he had on my life. My love of learning and reading are down to him. He was the best teacher I ever had anywhere.
27. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?
No car and seldom listen to the radio, but when I lived further north, my station was WXRV The River. They said it was a Boston station, but it was actually in Haverhill, about five miles from my house in NH. Great music, and they had all sorts of groups play live in the station. Bare Naked Ladies was one I particularly remember. I like Bare Naked Ladies.
28. Sopranos or Desperate Housewives?
Never watch Sopranos, and hated Housewives after maybe the second season, so quit watching.
29. Worst relationship mistake that you wish you could take back?
“I refer back to the (emotionally) abusive fuck-wit of question 5.” The ’emotionally’ is me. Am I really jooles34 in disguise? We seem to have a lot in common.
30. Do you like the person that sits directly across from you at work?
Never had a job where someone sat across from me. I would truly have died from boredom in that kind of job.
31. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purposes?
32. Last book you finished reading?
I think it was the one about the woman with Asperger’s who worked for the Agriculture Department. Forget the name. I read online now, mostly fan fiction. I used to read a book or two a week or more. I love books, but don’t get to the library much since I got sick. (I have fibro and chronic fatigue syndrome).
33. Do you have a teddy bear?
No. I have a stuffed version of “The Snowman” from the movie. Oh, wait. Yes I do. He sits on the pass-through between the kitchen and the main room. I also have an ostrich, I think it is, that someone gave me. With floppy legs. Neat.
34. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?
???? No clue.
35. Do you go to church?
No. I am an atheist and unofficial zen Buddhist.
36. How old are you?
Does the phrase ‘older than dirt’ mean anything to you? Actually, I’m 66.